Decorating Courses at The DIY School can enable you to learn how to decorate, paint and hang wallpaper to professional standards and apply the skills and techniques on these pages. These pages give you information on tools, techniques & instructional videos.
Decorating Course Tools
- Wallpaper Steamer
- Water bucket and Sponge
- Filling and Scraping Knife
- Binbag Liner
- Paste Bucket, Roller and Brush
- Decorators Wallpaper Pasting Table
- Paper Hanging Scissors
- Paper trimming knives and pliers
- Tape Measure
- Wallpapering Brush
- Smoothing & Taping Knife
- Work Platforms
- Mains Tester
- Plumb Line and Levels
- Sweeping Brush & Decorators Jockey
- Paint Trays
- Paint Rollers
- Paint Brushes
Decorating Course Materials
- Wallpaper Paste / Size
- Sugar Soap
- Sand Paper
- Cleaning Fluids
- Emulsion Paint
- Undercoat / Primer Paint
- Liquid Gloss Paint
- Emulsion Paint
- One Strike Filler
- Lining Paper
- Blown Vinyl
- Patterned Finish Paper
Decorating Course Technique Videos
Introduction to Dulux Decorating Tips
Painting Walls and Ceilings
Painting Woodwork & Trim with Water Based Paints
Wallpaper Hanging Tools
How to Start Wallpapering
- How to prepare a wall for painting or wallpapering.
- How to estimate materials.
- How to plan where start and hang the wall paper.
- What do wall paper symbols mean?
- How to buy wall paper.
- How to hang lining paper and cross lining paper.
- How to double cut lining paper.
- How to hang lining paper to a corner.
- How to hang blown vinyl.
- How to double cut blown vinyl.
- How to hang blown vinyl to a corner.
- How to hang patterned finish paper.
- How to double patterned finish paper.
- How to hang patterned finish paper to a corner.
- How to prepare a new wooden door for painting.
- How to prepare an old wooden door for painting.
- How to use gloss paint on a panel door.
- How to paint emulsion on to lining paper.
- How to paint emulsion onto plaster.
- How to make an uneven skirting board look straight.