Skimming a ceiling presents a lot fewer challenges that you would think.
It uses the same rules and techniques as skimming or over skimming a wall.
The extra things to consider are:-
- Do not over reach. Find adequate portable platforms to plaster the ceiling comfortably.
- When plaster skimming a ceiling your arms will ache and you will be tired because your heart is pumping up hill.
- Plaster a ceiling over your shoulder and not your face. Wear goggles if you are in any doubt.
- Always stand under the part of the ceiling that you have just plastered in order that you can plaster in to plaster.
- It is helpful to have someone to help if you need to move the platforms to plaster a ceiling.
- Consider using the method of dividing a large area using scrim tape to manage plastering large ceilings.
- Consider raising the height of the spot board to prevent constant bending.