4 Day General Home Maintenance Course
DURATION - 4 Days - Weekdays or 2 Weekends
PRICE - Normally £350 including VAT and materials recycling charge
DIY Home Handyman Courses at The DIY School in Manchester enable men and women to tackle a wide range of common DIY repair and improvement tasks around the home. The DIY Home Handyman Course is a great follow on from the Beginners Tool Use Courses.
Learning to fit new door Locks & Handles
These DIY Home Handyman Courses near Manchester can enable people to save money on common repairs for which it would be expensive to pay; enable them to take preventative action before problems such as leaks or breaks become serious and expensive; realise their own home improvement plans rather than wait for a "DIY Friend" to be free!
Who will the DIY Home Handyman Courses Suit
- Men & Women looking to extend a very basic DIY knowledge in order to complete common DIY repair and maintenance tasks in the home.
- People looking to include Handyman Services as part of other trade offerings or as Business.
- Single living individuals looking to maintain or acquire DIY independence in home maitenance and improvements.
- Individuals looking to save money on property development and DIY projects.
- Landlords and Property Developers looking to save money and respond faster to faults and breakages
- Assumption is that all trainees are beginners and come without experience.
Learning DIY Home Handyman Skills - Plasterboard Fixings.
What practical skills will you learn on the DIY Home Handyman Courses
- How a domestic plumbing system works.
- How a domestic electrical system works.
- How to fix a dripping tap for less than a plumber call out fee!
- How to change a tap to update a bathroom of kitchen.
- How to unblock sinks.
- How to plumb in washing machines.
- How to bleed and drain radiators and fit thermostatic valves to help save energy costs.
- How to fix toilet cisterns that keep you awake at night!
- How to change light switches, fixtures and electrical sockets to complete a room redecoration.
- How to repair "fogged"uPVC double glazed failed window units rather than replace the whole window.
- How to repair uPVC double glazed window locks when you have lost the keys or the lock has jammed!
- How to change door handles and locks to update a look.
- How to fit security door locks and bolts to strengthen security.
- How to repair guttering.
- How to hang pictures and shelves level and vertical.
- How to patch repair small plaster areas in solid or plasterboard walls.
How to replace a broken tile in kitchens and bathrooms.
DIY Home Handyman - Plumbing & Electrical Practical Wall
Why we chose the topics for the DIY Home Handyman Courses.
- The skills are useful and in demand around the home.
- They are tasks that can be formed without extesive training yet can save time and money.
- They can be offered as part of a wider handyman service.
Course Dates & Bookings
Click above to book your course dates. To book family/parent & teen places and to enquire about extra dates please contact us for availability.
DIY Course Students Feedback
I feel more independent now -
Donna Rees- DIY Home Handyman Courses
I feel more confident + able to undertake tasks covered in a safe and effective way.
Kelly Rudd - DIY Home Handyman Courses
Brilliant, friendly, welcoming, useful
Vivien Walsh - DIY Home Handyman Courses
Great. We can now do those little things that cost the most ourselves
Ashley and Dan Greenwood - DIY Home Handyman Courses and DIY Tool Use
The course was set at exactly the right level for what I wanted to achieve
Daryl Foil - DIY Home Handyman Courses and DIY Tool Use
Enjoyable, Learn Essentials. Practical rather than theory.
Mohammed Jumrati - DIY Home Handyman Courses