4 Day Cavity Wall Bricklaying Course.
DURATION - 4 Days - Weekdays or 2 weekends
PRICE - Normally £350 including VAT and materials recycling charge
Want to do Garden Walls & Cavity Walls? - Call 0161 477 4270 to access 6 day combined course.
Bricklaying Courses at The DIY School in Manchester enable men and women who have little or no previous bricklaying experience to complete cavity walls for smaller extensions, porches & conservatories in their own homes or as part of an existing trade, other peoples' homes.
Bricklaying Courses for Cavity Walls
Who will these cavity wall bricklaying courses suit?
- Those looking to save money on property development and DIY projects. ( Read More )
- People looking to add bricklaying skills to existing trades such as ground work or landscaping to increase earnings.
- This course is ideal or those people who do not require a Bricklaying City & Guilds or Bricklaying NVQ
Assumption is that all trainees are beginners and come without any bricklaying experience.
Well organised Bricklaying Course Training Facilities
These Cavity Wall Bricklaying Courses cover the following practical skills:-
- How to set out bricklaying projects
- How to work with different bonds including Stretcher, Flemish and English.
- How part bricks are used such as half and quarter bats, closures and headers for example.
- How to create a gauge rod to match existing structures.
- How to use lines, pins and levels.
- How to use trowels and set up spot boards.
- How to build walls and pillars.
- How to use a cement mixer.
- How to mix mortar.
- How to build with block work.
- How to use wall ties, wall plates and damp proof courses.
- How to use lintels and catnics
- How to point and dress a wall.
- Days 3 and 4 only can be taken individually after completing the Garden Wall course to give a full range of skills from both Bricklaying Courses - £220 incl VAT. Please call.
Bricklaying Courses - Starting with Single Skin Walls
The following topics are covered throughout the course and covered in your course notes:-
- Health and Safety.
- Materials Handling.
The content in The Cavity Wall Bricklaying Course is selected on the basis that:-
- Are sufficient to tackle the majority of tasks found in building projects from extensions, conservatories and garages down to simple porches.
- It is reasonable to expect trainees to learn to a professional standard in 4 days.
- Can be offered as part of other trade skills.
Course Dates & Bookings
Click above to book your course dates. To book family/parent & teen places and to enquire about extra dates please contact us for availability.
What our Bricklaying Course Students Say
Warren Fields - Bricklaying Course
Super. Made me confident in brickwork
Peter Gaines - Bricklaying Course
Excellent. Will recommend you
Barry David - Bricklaying Course
Ideal for getting you on the road to bricklaying
Phil Jones - Bricklaying Course
The two courses combine excellently. Everything was clear and
John Gregory - Bricklaying Course
Bricklaying isn't that hard once things have been explained and
practiced this well
Brian Gorse - Bricklaying Course