Bricklaying Courses - Garden Walls
4 Day Bricklaying Course for Garden Walls.
DURATION - 4 Days - Weekdays or 2 weekends
PRICE - Normally £350 including VAT plus materials recycling charge
Want to do Garden Walls & Cavity Walls? - Call 0161 956 3000 to access 6 day combined course.
Bricklaying Courses for Garden Walls in Manchester at The DIY School are for men & women with little or no experience in bricklaying. The Bricklaying Courses for Garden Walls enables individuals to learn ho to do a wide range of walls typically found in hard landscaping or gardening projects or for boundary walls.
Bricklaying Course - Radius Wall & BBQ
Bricklaying Courses of this type are not for those looking to become a professional bricklayer but for those looking to add bricklaying as part of an existing business or for those looking to tackle ambitious DIY projects to high standards and incorporating architectural decorative features such as pillars, curves and patterns.
This Bricklaying Course. Who is it for.
- Individuals looking to save money on property development and DIY projects. ( Read More )
- Existing Professionals looking to add bricklaying skills to existing trades such as ground work or gardening to increase earnings.
- This course is ideal or those people who do not require a qualification.
Assumption is that all trainees are beginners and come without experience.
Bricklaying Course - Corners, Pillars & Decorative
This Bricklaying Course - Practical Bricklaying Skills Covered.
- How to set out bricklaying projects
- How to work with different bonds including Stretcher, Flemish and English.
- How part bricks are used such as half and quarter bats, closures and headers for example.
- How to create a Gage rod to match existing structures.
- How to use lines, pins and levels.
- How to use trowels and set up spot boards.
- How to build walls and pillars.
- How to use a cement mixer.
- How to mix mortar.
- How to incorporate decorative patterns.
- A freestyle day when you can try out parts of your own projects or ideas.For example curves or radius walls.
- How to point and dress a wall.
- How to incorporate soldier courses and capping.
Days 3 and 4 for be taken individually after completing the cavity wall course to give a full range of skills - £220 incl VAT. Please call.
This Bricklaying Course - Other non practical topics covered.
- Health and Safety.
- Materials Handling.
Essential tools and equipment.
This Bricklaying Course - Why we chose these topics.
- Are sufficient to tackle the majority of tasks found in any garden project.
- It is reasonable to expect trainees to learn to a professional standard in 4 days.
- Can be offered as part of other trade skills.
Course Dates & Bookings
Click above to book your course dates. To book family/parent & teen places and to enquire about extra dates please contact us for availability.